Friday 6 January 2017

Thirteen First Draft Evaluation

 Overall I am not particularly happy with how our opening to Thirteen has turned out. I don’t believe it looks professional and as to what I had imagined inside of my head, it doesn’t live up to the standard I had desired. Also this first draft video is seven minutes long, obviously we don’t want it this long just at this point Rachel and I hadn’t edited the music fully yet, so it stretched out to 7 minutes when the actual clips end at 1minute 40 seconds.

Titles
I think the titles actually work really well affectively in our extract. They come in slowly and when working in time with the chimes it gives a haunting affect that can draw the viewer in. I really like our logo, I think it works really well with myself and Rachel and looks professional. I think there could be a longer drone between each of the titles to create a more stretched out affect. However, if the titles are too long then we could go over time and the video would be too long.
When the videos start the tiles which play over the video are black and white. The problem with this is you can really see them as clearly as I would like because the almost blend into the background. When we re-shoot and re-edited I will make sure to have the titles so they are very visible.

Camera Angles
I think the camera angles work really well with our extract. We have a large range of angles which gives it a professional feel. Whilst filming the conversation between Jasper and Benjamin we filmed from three different angles, this gave us a lot to work with. The shot reverse shot works really well. However, during this conversation I think it would be better if we embedded some close up and more varies of camera angles, just to mix it up a little.

When re filming I want to experiment with all different kinds of shots so we have a lot to play around with and choose from to create the best piece possible.




Editing
With all of the editing overall I think it’s too quick, there is not transaction between quick editing and fast editing. Because of this the whole thing looks slightly poor. I want different atmospheres created. At the moment with the clips we have shot, the editing cuts off when the finish speaking, to create more affect I want to include more sound bridges and longer takes.
The editing towards the end I think needs a lot of work, as does re shooting the videos.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment